Friday, August 24, 2007

It's back to the 'I'm Sorry' Days o!!

Yes o - so sorry people! It's been C-R-A-Z-Y as usual since I returned to Lagos - make no mistake o, I LOVE it. It's been breathless... with the meetings after meetiongs after meetings ... after meetings after meetings after meetings ... in fact, I just came back from one of those fun 'consultancy' meetings where brilliant minds meet and gossip, exchange ideas, be witty as hell to people who actually understand irony, and eat brilliant food in between their brains being picked! And looking forward to another session tomorrow!

I got all the low-down on BBA in the past week from the four delightful women whom I shared the meeting with (I was the only guy as usual - that seems to be one of the joys of my life! I should blog about that soon), which is good since I havent been able to watch since I came back! Oh have I mentioned that I have a crush on the delicious (thank you very much, I have a right to my tastes!) Maureen?!?!

There's been plenty of drama too - I hope to blog properly about all of that before the weekend ends...

Don't you just love Lagos! (Apart from the hold-ups, which I haven't experienced yet, thank God!)

Sorry about the exclamation marks everywhere - it's just how i'm feeling at the moment! Oh by the way, dont forget to join us for laspapi's The Jero Plays this sunday at the Terra Kulture...

How was your week?
Chude

I am posting something that was sent to me to post: try and read it guys

Subject: Please help save lives...

Hello,

Please help me save lives.

How?
By donating blood.

Why?
Because people are dying daily from unavailability of
blood. And it is not for want of our trying.

A high percentage of maternal deaths (i.e. death
during pregnancy and childbirth) is as a result of
bleeding that could easily have been treated by prompt
blood transfusion. Just last weekend, I had 2 very ill
women who needed blood, whose blood group was not
available in the hospital. It was only by the
vigilance of the head of haematology (blood services)
who called all over the state to get blood that these
women's lives were saved. I have hundreds more of such
stories of women who were not so lucky.

How can you help?
Please make a date to come and give blood. A healthy
adult can give a pint of blood (500ml or one third of
a big bottle of Eva water) every 6 months with no
problems whatsoever.

Also, please mobilise friends, family, employees,
colleagues, church members, mosque members, etc to
donate now AND REGULARLY. The muslim associations in
the Luth community are excellent and donate blood on a
regular basis.

Will it disturb your schedule and is it safe?
It takes less than 45 minutes and is also done on a
Saturday. The hours are Monday - Saturday 8am to 6pm,
Blood Bank Lagos University Teaching Hospital,
Idi-Araba, Lagos. If you can organise more than 10
people in your location, arrangements can be made for
people to come out to your office, etc.

I gave blood on Wednesday the 22nd and i went on to
continue working for the rest of the day. You need to
drink a lot of fluid after and refrain from strenous
exercise or activity. The only discomfort is the
slight pain from an initial finger prick (to ascertain
you have enough blood in you) and the needle that goes
into your to take the blood. I am sure you will agree
that the benefits far outweigh the inconvenience.

Sorry about the long email but please give your blood
and save lives. Because you can.

Please contact me if you have any questions. Thank
you.


Bosede


Dr Bosede B Afolabi
Consultant/Senior Lecturer
Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
College of Medicine/Lagos University Teaching Hospital
Lagos, Nigeria.

9 comments:

naijacutie said...

congrations for completing the law school thingy, my sis was in the abuja campus as well....

Anonymous said...

no even try that one o!!

Lola said...

CHUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have missed you oh! of course you can't help but love lagos. I always tell people Lagos just has that distinct quality all the great cities of the world has a la New York...etc. No matter how crowded, how dirty or "trafficky" or whatever, you just can't help but love it. It's like all those things have a way of embracing you whenever you return from whatever sojourn.....

when are meeting oh? we've got to gist....

PS - i know, i know, i'm soooooo sorry i couldn't make it to Terra Kulture, you know how much i wanted to come but long story sha....

Anonymous said...

MAUREEN ke!!!!!!! E be like say you be lepafanatic!

Jaja said...

ah! back to Lagos...

I hope say u finish them for that bar exam o

Cheers

Ifreke said...

Finally,you don reach Lag...You cant help but love the city amidst the filth and traffic...Strive as much as u can to ensure your "I'm sorry" days are a thing of the past o

Ifreke said...

Finally,you don reach Lag...You cant help but love the city amidst the filth and traffic...Strive as much as u can to ensure your "I'm sorry" days are a thing of the past o

Anonymous said...

Please stop advertising laspapi, his shows suck big time. As usual, quantity over quality in that country.

Chude! said...

@naija,
really?! say hi to her for me! thanks for dropping in

@anon,
i HATE you anons! who be this?!lol

@Lola,
I know, I know. NO yawa. You be family!lol We are seeing this week definitely!

@jaja,
by da grace of God! How you dey bro?!

@ifreke,
i shall try, i shall try! we can see now abi?

@anon,
I dont agree with you o. I saw The Jero Plays last week and am going to see Who's Afraid this sunday ... anyways, you've got a right to your feelings sha. thanks fopr dropping in

@anon,
the same anon or another?!