Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Little Mercies ...

As gratitude and joy and faith conspired to overwhelm me with their combined warmth and glow yesterday, I sent this text message to tens of my friends and family yesterday:

"Fellow Nigerian, at this moment in our national life, let us take a moment and thank God for the gift he has given Nigeria in the form of our Supreme Court Justices ... Chude."

We thank God for these small, small mercies. Democracy, somehow somehow, is on course ...

(In case you don't know what I'm talking about - read today's papers on the Supreme Court judgement yesterday on Atiku's candidacy and INEC's powers to disqualify vis a vis the constitution)

6 comments:

SET said...

Hi Chude, whats up? You are rite, we shud than God for all things.

uknaija said...

I agree my broda- as the sign on the lorries used to say "If Man were God..."

Anonymous said...

I think INEC's role needs to be clarified, because as it stands now, all they do is print the ballots

internationalhome said...

yes oh, even if it is only window dressing!

Anonymous said...

LOL..
The 3 T's " Things Take Time" are we not getting there....

UnNaked Soul said...

am crossing my my left hand fingers for Niaja and using the right one to eat eba and egusi soup...